Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gerber 31-000674 MP450 Compact Sport Multitool and Paraframe



I'm sure are better multi-tool on the market ... Core or Diesel Leatherman Gerber, for example. However, both devices are much more expensive goods. MP450 is a bit more than enough for what I need. It is slightly smaller than expected, but does the job (s) who performed ... pliers, cutters, wire strippers, a screwdriver (s), file, bottle opener, can opener and small knife is really the main feature I look for in a multi-tool. I'm looking for something affordable to launch in hiking / camping I pack ... and for these applications I recommend this series. Pliers head drawn somewhat confused me at first, but now I've used it I liked the class. 

All tools at times seems to be pretty robust and they all lock into place. Knives are OK. I'm not really a fan of stretch marks on the knife but the knife-edge straight tuned quite well and I decided it would work well as a knife cutting my meat and I ate currently the only tool I have in my package of steel Stainless Spork (Spork difficult to cut through). This allows me to use my knife for another purpose without having to worry about their sanitation for food purposes after being dredged to clean small game fish or wood processing. The leaves and carrying case for multi-tool made in China ... I'm not a fan of the products manufactured in China, but to each his own. Multi-tool is actually made in America that makes me more comfortable in buying this set, as it mainly just want a multi-tool.  

Overall it is a good value if you can get a good price. I would not pay more than about $ 25 - $ 30 for this game if you can handle. I was lucky enough to buy the game sells for $ 19.99 at the Academy of here in Texas. So therefore I have to give this 5 stars ... if I had paid $ 30 for the set that would probably give four stars. In sum, although it is a good multi-tool that will not break the bank. If you are a person who prefers to make the point of EDC is worn on the belt and plans to use the weight you may have to go to Gerber Diesel instead. But for my purposes, this means a perfect song. The Gerber 31-000674 MP450 compact sport multitool and paraframe combo is a great set for anyone who loves the outdoors. While the compact sport multitool may be the smaller and less formidable version of the Multi-Pliers 600 series, this Multi-Pliers 400 series compensates by being Gerber's most popular tool. The compact is unmatched for strength, durability, and ease of use. Gerber's patented Saf.T.Plus locking system is your assurance that this little guy more than holds its own in the name of user safety.
Gerber 31-000674 MP450 Compact Sport Multitool and Paraframe I
Clip a paraframe into your pocket and you're fully equipped to take care of business. There is a simplicity to this knife that relates as much to function as it does to form. It's a breeze to open. The clip point blade configuration is ideal for cutting in close quarters. Openness rules the day where the handle is concerned--there's more air than metal, so it's lightweight and easy to keep clean.
By 
A. Harris "Hendrix2" (Texas)


 Hover to see notes from N. M. Free "Bot...

Technical Details

  • MP450 compact sport multitool features one-hand opening, SAF.T.PLUS locking system, 14 components
  • Needlenose pliers, wire cutter, wire crimper, serrated knife blade, screwdrivers, can opener, bottle opener
  • Paraframe I knife has frame lock design, lightweight open stainless steel handles, sturdy pocket clip, and serrated-edge blade
  • Paraframe has overall length of 7.01 inches blade length of 3.01 inches, and closed length of 4.11 inches
  • Knife's handle made of stainless steel; blade made of high-carbon stainless steel

No comments:

Post a Comment